11 August 2005

The Numbers Game


Well managed to complete my second ever Sudoku this morning, Yesterday i finished off Tuesday's "easy" one in the Scotsman and today I tackled Wednesday's "moderate" one.

Manged to rattle it off in about 15 mins. Certainly getting better at them.

Its funny though how something like Sudoku can so quickly capture the nation's imagination.

It seems to be in every paper these days, starting with The Times, The Scotsman, i think its even in The Record and The Sun (don't quote me on that though). Walk into any bookshop these days and I bet you the number 1 seller is a book of Sudoku puzzles.

It definitaly seems to be something of a new craze, a meme almost (not quite), populating itself amongst the nation and replicating more and more within the consciousness. I seem to have caught onto this pretty slowly and couldn't understand the fascination but I'll tell you something and this is for free folks...they are bloody addictive little critters, once you get one finished it is so satisfying, especially for someone who has always been better with numbers than with words.

Might just try and tackle tomorrow's "hard" one and see how I get on....

PS. A couple of online versions if you feel like trying them

Miniclip Sudoku
Daily Sudoku

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice use of the word meme. :)

I humbly would ask you to try my new Sudoku puzzle site: Free Daily Sudoku. You can get puzzles by email or by RSS feed. Thanks!