22 August 2005

Ch-Ch-Check it Out!

If anyone is looking for a show to go see at the Fringe and wants some good fun, comedy and entertainment, then I wholeheatedly recommend taht you try to catch Freestyle Love Supreme at 6.50pm @ Assembly Rooms (Link)

My girlfriend and I checked this show out on the recommendation of my brother and it was absolutely awesome.

This is what the Fringe should be all about, word of mouth, checking out an unbeknown to you show and having a cracking good time, desperate to go back for more!!

The showis 6 performers who freestyle rap from suggestions from the audience and mix some quality beats with comedy and style.

One of the group called Shockwave, literally a human beat box is quality, churning out rhythmic beats and sound effects, while Two-Touch, Lin-Man and C-Jac deliver the goods ably assisted by Arthur the Geniuses and King Sherman doing the music making. The whole show is improvised and spontaneous and from the entrance to a "microphone check", the place was jumping.

Freestylin' it about Dame Judi Dench, Art and Garfunkel, Mexio, Shoes, Pelvisand Mike McShane's day, the group certainly put on a show and definately enjoyed themselves and ensured the crowd had a great time too. At times it reminded me of 8 Mile when the performers pulled off specials rhymes that left everyone going "OOOOHHHH"!

Truly I recommend you go see, I've been telling all my friends and seriously thinking of going back again! The great thing about this show is that it'll be different every time so there's no spoilers contained here.

I mean anyone who rhymes off gravity with depravity and ocular cavity will always get some time from me!!

Scotsman Review ****

P.S. If you want to check this out, FLS also got a blog going on about their time in Edinburgh at the Fringe with Two-Touch giving the low-down on events.

P.P.S Does anyone else think P.P.S's are underused. Anyhoo, here's a nice wee interview with the group from the Herald.

No comments: